After few matches,PSL feels that many our players still don’t know how to take a proper throw in.Hopefully this article will help you guys out there.
1. What is a throw in?
A throw-in is a method of restarting play.
A throw-in is awarded to the opponents of the player who last touched the ball
when the whole of the ball crosses the touch line, either on the ground or in
A goal cannot be scored directly from a throw-in.
2. How to take a throw in?
At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:
• faces the fi eld of play
• has part of each foot either on the touch line or on the ground outside the
• holds the ball with both hands
• delivers the ball from behind and over his head
• delivers the ball from the point where it left the field of play
3. The thrower must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player.
- If the thrower touch the ball before anyone else, a direct (if deliberate) free kick is given. If it is unintentionally, indirect free kick is given.
4. No offside offense if the ball is from throw in.
5. Goalkeeper also can take a throw in.
6. How to make a long throw in?
The optimal release angle for attaining maximum distance is about 30 degrees, according to researchers at Brunel University. This angle balances the objectives of maximizing height, which allows the ball more time to travel horizontally, while minimizing air resistance, which slows the ball thus reducing its horizontal distance.
Rory Delap, a throw in specialist.
Rory takes a throw in. Look at his feet, both at ground and outside of the line.
Incorrect. Player's right foot comes off of the ground.
Incorrect. Player's left foot touches the field inside the touchline (sideline).
A player performing a handspring throw-in