IRBID (AP)—FC Rubin Irbid closed the gap on Permai Super League league leader The Dark Horses with a 2-1 win on Friday.
In other League game, Bugatti FC won 2-1 over Phoenix Bangkit FC to improve its chances of avoiding relegation and push Muneer's side deeper into trouble.
Real Benchwarmer defense failed to clear a corner kick from Helmi and Ust Din moved the ball into space inside a crowded area and beat goalkeeper Qayyim with an angled shot for his 2nd league goal.
(20 Photos Total)
1. Muhtadin Ramli of Real Benchwarmer tries to shoot the ball during the match between his team and Warung Din Selamat FC. Muhtadin's side lost 1-0.
2.The Dark Horses' captain, Azri passes the ball during the match between his team and FC Rubin Irbid. Despite watching his team lost for the first time, he managed to add another goal in his account to win the golden boot trophy.
3.Attack of The Orange Army. Three Phoenix Bangkit players are sandwiched between Bugatti's players as they tried to score a goal during their match last Friday.
4. Sofuan Azahri, also known as 'Pue' wearing the Kelantan jersey takes a free kick as team mate Ali Zaki watches him. Both of them missed golden opportunities to score goals as Ali Zaki missed a penalty kick and Sofuan just kicked thin air.
5. Usamah, left and Abdullah Harith, right fights for the ball during the match on Friday. Abdullah Harith recieved a red card as his team won and stayed on the top 3 on the PSL table.
6. Bugatti FC show off their new kit colors before the start of the game between their team and Phoenix Bangkit FC.
7. Faizal Jongkabe, left, challenges Syamil of Real Benchwarmer for the ball during their match last Friday. Syamil was praised by his teammates as he did a couple of saves and defended his side successfully.
8. The Dark Horses' defenders, from left Anwar, Izzat, Mat Nor, goalkeeper Dato' Nuek and Mukhlis were left in despair as Abdullah Ashraf runs to celebrate Duang's goal at the starting of second half of the match between league leaders TDH and FCRI.
9.One of the Korean Brothers; Mahdi seen here talking to teammate Ashraf Marwan just before their match with Bugatti FC. Mahdi's cross later on was perfectly headed by Ashraf Marwan to equalize the score 1-1. Phoenix Bangkit FC later on suffered as MK Jep scored the winning goal past PBFC's goalkeeper, Dell.
10. Real Benchwarmer's captain Waasiek, left, vies for the ball with Piek from WDS FC during the match at Yarmouk stadium. The match ended 1-0 as WDS FC took the 3 points from Waasiek's side.
11. FC Rubin Irbid players surrounding team captain, Fauzi as he lies down. Fauzi was said that he had a clash with TDH defender, Izzat Cardiac before the contorversial goal by TDH captain, Azri was allowed by Referee Marwan Hadiid.
12. Ashraf Marwan the equalizer during the game between Phoenix Bangkit FC and Bugatti FC.
13. Muhtadin of Real Benchwarmer is harried by Warung Din FC's captain, A. Mohd Rahmat during their match last Friday.
14. A few of Phoenix Bangkit FC players waiting for their game to start. Free Agent Aiman Majdee's decision whether to play for Muneer's team still remain a mystery when he came wearing soccer boots but only seen playing with the ball at the sidelines.
15. Dzofir of TDH takes a free kick during the match between TDH and FCRI last Friday.
16. Wan Mohamad Izham Wan Ismailis being challenged by two Bugatti FC's players, Khair (left) and Mukmin (right). Izham, a.k.a. Awe has had several opportunities during the game, but failed to score even a goal.
17. Yaser Kamarudin talking to the PSL media after the game between Warung Din FC and Real Benchwarmer FC. Yaser is delighted that his team won and stated (sambil garu dada) that the injury of Muhtadin and Cik Hasmat's absence shouldn't be an excuse for Real's loss.
18. Permai Super League players from different teams and ages sit and laugh together to watch a match that was being held last Friday.
19. Marwan Hadiid and his officials shake hands with both teams before the game between The Dark Horses and FC Rubin Irbid. TDH players claimed that the lack of striker players such as Syed Ahmad Izzat and Imran Zainal Abidin is a factor that made their attacking strategies blunt.
20. MK Jep taking a free kick in the match between his team and Phoenix Bangkit FC. Bugatti won 2-1 as both goals came from MK Jep's free kicks.